Wednesday, May 24, 2006

In Mysore...

I arrived at the Green hotel at 3 am this morning. Since then I have done a mysore class at Sheshadri's shala and rented a two bed-room apartment near AYRI. Perhaps when I start AYRI on June 1, I was look into getting a roomate. In the meantime, I was very impressed with Sheshadri. He kept asking me if he were being too hard on me and he wasn't. [I am pretty squashable - it is strength that I have an issue with]. As always, I need help to get into Supta Kurmasana fully. He made me do dropbacks very quickly and then he put me on his back to really get my back to bend (and stretch) at the same time... very interesting. I am trying to decide if I ought to go up to eka pada tomorrow as M at home had me doing. Once at AYRI I will just be doing primary after all. After class he wanted to know how long I have been practicing and with who.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That was all quick.... can't wait to hear more of your news.... I am starting to get a bit freaked as I have realised it is not so long till I arrive.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Matrika said...

Hi Reena... when will you arrive?

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Matrika,

I get to mysore on 4th july... will i miss you? i am getting excited but also a bit freaked as well....

6:35 AM  
Blogger Matrika said...

yes, Reena, unfortunately I will leave July 1 :-(

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame! Your mini adventure sounds a bit scary.... hope the ankle is better. A friend of mine called Abby (from Norwich in UK) is arriving in to Mysore at the end of the week. She'll be staying in Gokalum I think.... so look her up!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Dr Disco said...

hi its me, abby staying near AYRI at krishna house ! xxx

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matrika, my dear friend...what travels you have! I love the laughing guruji story...goes to show that humor does save the day!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home