Tuesday, May 16, 2006

6 Days till India....

Today the visa arrived so I am definitely going. I have been running around trying to arrange my life so I can be away until July 1. I also know I am going because the strange dreams are beginning... which tends to happen when I am about to have an influential experience.

My practice has been in a little bit of a holding pattern. The studio where I have been taking Mysore classes for the last two years has introduced me to several excellent teachers. Amusingly, M had me going up to eka pada in second. Then I took two months off during my divorce and when I came back primary was all I could handle. Then D (an authorized Jois teacher) came for a few weeks and moved me on to kopotasana. Then when he was gone M had me stopping after supta kurmasana and moving directly to pashasana and stopping at eka pada again. Then T came to teach the mysore for a month (also authorized) and wanted to know why I was doing that. I told him because I could only get into supta kurmasana bound with both feet behind my head if I had help so M had me going up to that and then moving on... So he said that I should do primary until I did not have a problem with supta kurmasana. Then he helped me into supta kurmasana and said it was fine and he did not know what the problem was. Then he went off to teach for a few weeks in another country (I got out of supta kurmasana before he did that). Anyay, so, what my practice is and where I am - is a little of a mystery to me. Thankfully, I am going to AYRI where I will do the primary series and probably not have anyone notice my practice! When I come back I will be at a new studio with yet another authorized teacher (G) for Mysore. I think my issue is that I am imbalanced towards flexibility so that I can bind in things but upper body strength is still a big challenge... another blogging Ashtangi has suggested I do handstands for 1.5 minutes and 5 minute headstands. This is helping...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Certified or authorized? I don't think there are that many certified teachers floating from place to place but I could be wrong.
Kiran

6:15 PM  
Blogger Kali Om said...

When are you leaving?
May 23? That's when I'm going....
Perhaps a better question would be, when are you arriving?

6:20 PM  
Blogger Yoga Chickie said...

I was trying to figure out where you are based on the certified teachers....all I could come up with was Australia? Or perhaps Kiran is asking the right question?

In any event, welcome to the blog world!

Lauren

6:45 PM  
Blogger Tiff said...

I'm so envious...I want to go to mysore. :-(

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes... you are right Kiran, I meant authorized... I will edit it right now. CK: I'm arriving on May 23 and am staying for a couple days at the Green Hotel - do you have a living situation set up? Yoga Chickie, thanks for the welcome. Tiff, how about going for your next vacation?

1:03 AM  
Blogger Boodiba said...

I found Jenny!!!! :) I know for sure cause of the holding poses suggestion.

Funny but I've had people come up to me in the locker room @ the gym, when I was still doing that, and point to some "cut" on my back and say, "How did you get that?" "LOTS of head standing," I say.

I'm going to start practicing the rest of the 2nd series head stands soon.

Anyway, welcome to blog world! It's fun. Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Kali Om said...

I don't have a living sit. yet. I'd planned to stay at the Kaveri Lodge but so far no response. I wonder if the Green Hotel has any rooms. It's beyond my budget, *but*-..... I leave on May 23, arrive very late on May 24.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home