Monday, May 22, 2006

.... 1 .... lift off

In about five hours I will be on the plane. Yesterday I ran around getting my parrot to my friend's M's house and doing last minute things like getting a padlock for my hotel room and a 220v electrical adapter for my laptop. The parrot was muttering "I thought... I thought.... what was that!?" Indicating that all of this was a surprise to him and not what he had been planning. Fortunately he has stayed at her house before for the weekend and began preening and singing scales contentedly and laughing to himself when placed in his spot in front of the window where he can watch the backyard (an active place with a 2 foot wide tortoise, several iguanas, an aviary of doves, a cat and a dog... really the equivalent of parrot TV).

Then I went to a barbecue on the beach with some of my yoga friends. It was a beautiful cloudless day and the water was 80F (27c). I met a woman there who had lived in India twice for 8 months each time studying yoga and naturopathy in Delhi. And of course my yoga friends are all excited and want to know all about the trip. I did not mention the blog. I guess I have to realize that this is public and if one of them finds it, they all will. I am holding on to the hope that something will happen that is so interesting I will not want to discuss it with everyone I know. But the Ashtanga community is small... Anyway, I am off to get my decaf coffee and face the last packing things (toothbrush, etc). I wonder if there is decaf in Mysore...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that so many of you are posting here. I am seeing India through the eyes of American and others :-) Even though I am Indian I have never lived in Mysore. Only recently since my parents retirement I visit Mysore with my American born children. Reading your blogs gives me an insight on how the kids perceive India :) They seem to enjoy it and sometimes are apprehensive. But it is their time to connect with the land of their grand-parents.

It is always interesting to see what is of interest to others. What I would think would bother the bloggers you seem to take in your stride. A remarkably positive attitude! I am sure that I will be bumping into all of you but will have no idea who you are :-).

Since we stay close by, we also seem to visit the same restaurants as you do. Good Luck and enjoy and if you see a mother with 2 kids you will know its me :)!

Go Lions!!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home