Thursday, May 18, 2006

4 days until India...

Hmmm. What should I bring to read? Is Hatha Yoga Pratipika too ambitious (and heavy)? Today I managed to get my friend M to take my bird for the duration of the trip. She worked at an avian vet for 15 years, has 6 iguanas, a two foot wide tortoise wandering in the yard, a dog, a cat, an aviary of doves.... My parrot will be happy there. He does not like to be boarded and this has been weighing on me. It is beginning to dawn on me that I will not have enough evenings left to see each friend who would expect to see me right before I go. I've been having dreams about floods, immersion and familiar people who I don't know.

Now that work is done I've been sitting here watching what I think is Cirque du Soleil... with my foot behind my neck.... how appropriate.

2 Comments:

Blogger Boodiba said...

I threw a bon voyage party for myself the weekend before I left. It was great!! Everyone brought me presents too. I'd never done anything like that before but it was GREAT to have all my friends gather to wish me a happy travel.

ParTEE!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Matrika said...

ugh... the idea of arranging a party right now... but I do like the idea of presents...

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home