Friday, July 14, 2006

Last Post...

I left Mysore yesterday, taking a 1:50 am flight out of Bangalore, through Frankfurt and then home to Miami. For those of you who have read my blog and would like to send me a message offline asking any questions about Mysore or telling me about yourself, I have set up an email: lithe_one@yahoo.com. I am considering returning to Mysore when I am not injured - perhaps in early 2007. At that time I may resume the blog. In addition to hearing from readers in general, I would also love to hear from anyone who may be practicing in Mysore at the same time.

This trip verified that I am good at the surrender part of yoga. I am bendable and squishable but somewhat deficient in upward-moving energy. A few days ago Ken the Rolfer described the challenge for me in yoga as, "trying to make a sculture of a person with clay that is too wet." He said this while wearing dark orange pants. My friend Ing from home (who has a psychic gift) told me I would meet some man with orange Indian pants. Men wearing orange Indian pants are not common. In my blog entry titled, "Two Days Till India" I wrote that I had a dream in which: "I am on an island with many large fantastic sculptures of subjects like Atlas holding up the world. They look like they are made of sand.... but I touch one and it is mud. How are they held together?" So, I will remember Ken's observation as the koan that I can take away from this trip: How do I hold up the world when I am made of clay that is too wet?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading about your travels and experiences - thank you for sharing them.

Safe travels back!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Tiff said...

I too thoroughly enjoyed your blog...I will be emailing you. I'm hoping to make it to mysore in January 07!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your Mysore adventures with us. I'm going to miss your musings.

Take care, be well, namaste,
Sue

1:43 AM  
Blogger Boodiba said...

Wishing you a safe journey!!! If you return in early 2007 I will be there and we could actually meet!!

xo,
Linda

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home